Hey, look at that! Romanesque frescos, in the apse... In 1859, architect Dauvergne rediscovered those paintings, the oldest Romanesque frescos in Berry (half part of the 11th c)! Most of those frescos disappeared owing to the dampness. But we still can see nice remains! First we have saints:
• the founder of the abbey, Cyran (SIGIRANNUS).
• the first abbot saint Loyau (LEODALDUS).
• saint Benoît, because Méobecq was a Benedictine abbey.
• saint Martial, Peter’s disciple and apostle of Limousin
• saint Peter with his keys and below him the Virtue in armour striking down the Vice.
Hey, look at that! This Apocalypse rider! This man wearing a simple tunic, riding bareback on a white horse? Oh, beware! He’s going to shoot an arrow with his bow. Above him is a hand giving him a crown...